Friday, February 5, 2010

Old School



I was reading this book while in Tlaquepaque and came across a bar and restaurant by the same name. Unfortunately, I erased the photo before it ever reached the blog site. What caught my eye about it was that the font used in the bar's name was the same as that on the cover of the book (Collins OE? Burgundian?). But of course that is now lost for your inspection. The book, however, is readily available and I highly recommend it, especially to any readers who are interested in the education of a writer.

NOTE: It's Saturday morning. In the night I remembered where I filed the photo of the Old School bar and restaurant. Here it is. I guess, now that I compare the two, the font isn't quite the same. But close enough for me to have noticed some similarity.

Another gorgeous day today. First thing, laundry. It is sure to get dry. Tonight, dinner at Dago's. Another big pile of succulent shrimp done just the way I like it. And good fellowship, too, as always.

Tomorrow's opera is Simon Boccanegra with Placido Domingo in the title role, one of his signature operas. Tune in and enjoy!

No comments: