Friday, March 19, 2010

Ruby turns 5




On Tuesday it was Ruby's 5th birthday and, once again I felt the terrible loss of my sister, her Meme. I called in the evening to express my wishes; she was having a little get-together and, like most hostesses, she was rushed and not able to chat long. She's quite the dresser, isn't she? She said she was happy to be 5 although leaving 4 had been quite traumatic. Unfortunately the gift I sent her (or had Alex send) had not arrived on THE day but I knew it would be there soon.

It arrived yesterday and I got this video of Ruby opening her package. I think she liked it!

2 comments:

DAK said...

Hi, it's me, back from South America, and therefore all the more envious of your Latino lives. It was nice to get your Plot-ments while we were gone. I hope you decide to head down there -- it's so much more beautiful than I had realized and we're set with recommendations. Now it's time for a beautiful taco -- nothing down there but bread.

mary ann said...

Love the shoes with that outfit ~ very funny and cute!