Friday, May 6, 2016

cookies



It's cold and rainy here in the valley.  Perfect weather for baking cookies.  Of course staying in bed with the duvet up to your chin, reading a good book and sipping hot cocoa would be a good idea, too.  But I opted for the cookie business.

One of my favorite Instagram sites in nytfood, a treasure trove of recipes sent several times a day.  A couple of weeks ago it was Peanut Butter Cookies.  If there had been smell-o-vision I probably would have eaten my iPod.  Instead, I copied out the instructions, then bought what I needed, put on my apron and went at it yesterday.

I hauled out the food processor (to grind up the peanuts), the sifter, the standing mixer, cookie sheets and parchment paper.  The entire kitchen was involved in this endeavor.  Here is the dough almost ready.



Into the oven!  The traditional crosshatch markings on peanut butter cookies.  I have no idea why they are supposed to look like that.


Perfectly done.  Not cake-like.  Crisp and crunchy.


Absolutely delicious!  I now have about 60 cookies to tide me over through the coming chilly days!

Oh, and this is how the kitchen looked when it was all over.




No comments: