Thursday, January 18, 2018

a visit to the Mexican DMV




It was time to reregister our car for 2018-19 which meant a trip to the local DMV office.  It's not really called that but you know what I mean.  At first I was told I had to go to Tecoman but Fernando assured me I didn't, that  I could go to Armeria instead.  So this morning he picked me up and we set off on this little chore.

There are plusses and minuses to this endeavor. The minus is that you cannot complete this on-line; you must show up with all your car papers and pay in person.  But the plus, and the best thing, is there was NO ONE there.   The office is located on a side street of the Presidencia and  is about the size of my kitchen; enclosed cashier's cage in front, one (extremely efficient and competent) staff, an ATM machine, a computer and printer, some client chairs, loudly humming fluorescent overhead lights, and that's it.  I presented my papers, she tap, tap, tapped, handed me some other papers, I went to the cage, paid my 900 pesos, returned to her with the receipt, tap, tap, tap and I had a new registration and was out the door in 10 minutes.  No "Take a Number and Take a Seat and Pray for ONLY a two hour Wait".

It may be a manaña kinda place but the DMV was an ¡HOY! experience!



4 comments:

mary ann said...

shhhhh ~ nice to rejoin you and your colorful life!

mary ann said...

I meant ahhhhh but my glasses were in another room (shhhhhh)

ddmichel said...

I love your blog and I am sure something blog worthy has happened in the last month! Inquiring minds want to know - miss all you guys!! xxoo

mary ann said...

are you still at the DMV?