Monday, December 6, 2010

an avocado a day



I'm down to two bars of reception on the internet so I better get this posted quickly!

Tianges this morning in a hurry because we had much to do today. I took my camera in case I saw the radish man ~ a lovely gent who brings the most gorgeous bouquets of radishes in his wheelbarrow. Yes, he was there but my camera battery was out of juice. So no photo. Next week, I hope. While Marie and I shopped, Mr. C drove into Tecoman to visit the ATM. When he got back we hunted down the new location of the Sol deposito for beer. The delivery guy hasn't figured out we're back! Saturday is his new day; we'll look for him then.

Home to deposit my purchases, including a bag of lovely strawberries and more avocados, then off to Colima to order a new equipale table and take the torn chair to be repaired. Again, I wanted to take a photo of the old chair but alas. . . Next week we will pick up the new table (950 pesos equals about $90) and the repaired chair for 300 pesos ($26). Have you priced equipale in the US? You can buy a nice chair for $179 or a table for $450! Next stop was lunch at our favorite spot; Kronos. Greek name, Mexican owners, French and Italian food. So delicious; crepes and beer. Then to WalMart for more things than we had originally planned. Then home. It was a very satisfactory day; we got all our chores done and were propped up for an afternoon of reading by 2:30.

We are prepared for the washing machine repair man tomorrow. Who knows when; none of this "Between 8-12 or 1-5" business. He comes when he comes. But if he can salvage the machine for another year, I can deal with his time schedule. It will probably cost 200 pesos and I can deal with that, too.

Today is our precious grandson's birthday. Andrew is now 22 years old. Seems only a moment ago when daughter Alex put this tiny bundle into my arms for the first time and it was absolutely love at first sight. Amazing. Happy Birthday, Andrew.

No comments: