Wednesday, September 23, 2015

the mystery of the traveling pants





So I bought these trousers from LL Bean to serve as my basic travel trousers.  I love the fabric, they fit perfectly (after a quick alteration for length, and yes, the legs are the same length.  It's just not a very good picture!).   But I really have no idea what color they are and Mr. C is not much help.  You know, after 10 years of laser treatment on the eyes the rods and cones aren't much help.  The color in the catalog says "Wet Cement".  I thought that meant a grey shade, so I set about getting together all my grey-ish shirts, sweaters, etc.  Then I got them into a good light and discovered they aren't anywhere near grey.  Not tan, not green, not anything I can recognize.


Here's a close-up of the fabric/color.  Not khaki, either.



So what the heck color is this anyway?  I even went out and looked at some wet cement and am no closer to identifying it.  Perhaps it doesn't really matter but I am curious. 



To distract myself from this world-shaking problem I made this delicious olive cheese bread this morning.  SO easy and SO yummy.  And the smell . . .!!

2 comments:

mary ann said...

It sure looks like a grey to me!

Liz said...

It's grey, but like all colors, there are many different shades. Grey can be bluish, taupe-y, pinkish, pale or deep. These look like a mid-grey, and yes, it looks very much like wet cement!

It also looks like a color that would go with everything-- black, white, red, blue, pink, etc.