Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



I copied this wonderful photograph from over at No More Commas. This dynamic duo are family friends. It captures the essence of Father's Day. Alike as two peas . . . I have been without my own father for 30 years and I miss him deeply. Not a day goes by when I don't think, "Daddy would have LOVED that!" Especially current politics. He was a deeply committed liberal and did not suffer fools gladly.

As for the action in this crib to celebrate the occasion, we are packing to leave early tomorrow for Bozeman to visit Cait and Mike. And Ike, of course. Mr. C hasn't unpacked since we got home from Mexico so for him it's just a matter of adding a turtleneck shirt and a tasteful selection of the new underwear I bought him as an FD gift. As for me, since unpacking is the first thing I do when I land, I have to start all over again. Message from Cait this morning warns of rain and cold for a couple of days, clearing to sunny and warm. Polar fleece and shorts. Or polar fleece shorts.

Welcome to summer.

No comments: