Friday, November 27, 2009

the street where I live



Remember the garden re-do across the street? Here's how it looks today, almost complete.


I think there will be some sort of vine over the front door trellis. Don't know what the ground cover will be. I'll have to wait until spring to see it.

Then there is this gorgeous Chinese pistache tree outside our fence. There are two of them; one is absolutely bare, having deposited a gazillion little yellow leaves everywhere. But this one is hanging on, glowing like an ember.

Over in the next door garden, the paperwhites are in full bloom and their sweet scent is detectable as you walk by. I used to grow these indoors at this time of year and thought their timing ~ coming into delicate bloom in the cold of winter ~ was a stroke of genius on someone's part.


These are the things we will be leaving in the morning. I think we've gotten everything in that we hoped to take. I can't think of a single thing I've forgotten, although it will occur to me as we take the cut-off from I-5 and head for Palm Springs! Like all my underwear that I left behind last year, neatly packaged for travel, in the top drawer of my closet! Right now, however, I can't worry about it. Time to get a good night's sleep in anticipation of the start of another grand adventure. ¡Hasta luego!



2 comments:

mary ann said...

It's 7am and you are on the road! Be safe. I loved this post and also "the turkey has risen" from your childhood.
¡Andale¡ (is that right?)

mary ann said...

Oooops, final ! not ¡, I got carried away with my option knowledge.