Wednesday, May 30, 2012

a respite from gloom



I got more sad news about my friend Marie ~ her diagnosis is terminal ~ and just had to have an infusion of some kind of joy. To do that I went up to the local "art" theater to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." It worked. What a joyous, colorful, fun movie. It has everything; cast to swoon over, wonderful setting, a story that doesn't overwhelm but teaches a few good life lessons. I highly recommend it, especially on the "big" screen. I laughed, I cried, I had a fine afternoon.

Tomorrow morning we drive to Ojai to celebrate g'daughter Emily's graduation from Thacher School. The whole family will be there, including Cait and Mike from Bozeman. I find it amazing that she has whizzed through three years there and is on her way to being a co-ed! Great job, Em. More news from Ojai, including, of course, a trip to Bart's Books.

No comments: