Wednesday, March 5, 2014

first day of Lent blog



I truly thought I'd get back to the blog today, the first day of Lent. So this is my pathetic offering.  I went to a little social gathering yesterday and got a mini-storm of inquiries about what has happened to me ~ nothing  ~ and when would I get back to the sorely neglected writing?  What can I say?  I'm just lazy as all get out here.  In addition, nothing happens.  You know, it's Monday to tiagues followed by dominoes.  Tuesday Chuy comes to restore the house to some sort of order.  Wednesday is laundry and reading.  Thursday might be dominoes in the afternoon.  Friday is Dago's.  Saturday is opera.  Sunday is comida at Fernando's.  Each day is punctuated by a swim from 11:30 - 1:30.  And then it starts all over again.  What's to write about?  And who cares that the weather is perfect, day after day, and the vegetables are cheap, the fruits sweet and juicy, the beer is cold and the shrimp are delicious?  I need to get a more interesting life before I start blogging again!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan & Jim,
Your description of life in Cuyutlan makes me miss it sooooo much, especially since we are having monsoon rains and wind here in Oregon. I enjoy your blog and read it weekly. Was great to see you both during our visit to the village - wish we could've spent more time together. Enjoy yourselves!!!
Kathy B

Liz said...

Yeah, Susan, boo-hoo and all that for your miserable lifestyle...

Seriously, I've missed your very infrequent postings, too. Your neighbors are right!!!

Write more, please...

mary ann said...

May I join the chorus? I could use a sunset or two and happy Inernational Women's Day tomorrow! Keep posting and enjoying your relaxing life...

Alexandra said...

...and this is one of the few ways I know, almost daily, you are happy, healthy and living La Vida Muy Bueno!
You are a long ways away from your children, as old as we are we still miss you. With my crazy schedule, its so hard to skype, let alone compose an e-mail. Knowing what you are up to is so lovely, it may feel like a monologue but its really a conversation....PLUS you always have great book recommendations!
Miss you mucho see you VERY soon!