Tuesday, August 22, 2017

it's good to be a hostess



Like all other sentient beings in this great country of ours, I was outside yesterday morning, gazing open-mouthed at the breathtaking magic occurring in the sky.  We had about an 80% eclipse here in the valley.  It was everything every other gazer has said, so I will say no more.  Except, however, that the light seemed to be different for the entire day and that was downright eerie.

But moving on to more mundane things.

Hostess gifts from my guests; bright sunflowers from Bobbie's beautiful  garden and a bottle of my VERY favorite SB by Kim Crawford from Carolyn.  Erin brought beautiful salad; we ate it.  No photo!  Sorry . . .
Last evening I hostessed (sic) a little dinner party poolside.  Four of us who are neighbors sat out in the warm night air and enjoyed a lovely picnic dinner of salad and bread and fruit and cheese.  And a nice Geyser Peak SB, of course.  I so enjoyed the hostess duties; I don't get to do this very often, but when Mr. C is off on his frolic and detour, I take advantage of the opportunity.  And speaking of Mr. C, he returns today, eventually.  Since he flies standby, one never knows.  He didn't get a seat on his connecting flight from Minneapolis (over booked) and has been routed to Salt Lake City.  We'll see what happens there.  I think the airlines are busy bringing eclipse-ties back from wherever they went for a better look. I expect he'll be home late this afternoon or evening.  Or maybe an o'nite in SLC is in his future.


No comments: