Thursday, August 10, 2017

lunch among the vines




I drove over to St. Helena yesterday to meet two delightful women of long acquaintance for a wonderful lunch at The Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch.  I had heard about this dining citadel first via Check Please Bay Area, the restaurant review program on KQED.  It was every bit as good as was promised.  Most all of what they serve in this big, airy space is grown or raised on the property.  Despite the size of the dining room the noise level is very tolerable, making for easy conversation.  A couple of highlights on the menu are macaroni and cheese (we did not try) and the cheddar biscuits (which we did try).


Go for the biscuits if for nothing else!  They are utterly delicious.

We stayed until about 3 PM after which I battled the parking lot that is I-80; took me 2 1/2 hours to get home.  But it was well worth it.

The Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch, 738 Main Street, St. Helena, CA


No comments: