Friday, January 1, 2010

. . . hello 2010




So far, so good

There were lots of fireworks last night beginning about 11 PM and going on (and on!) until after 1 AM. We could see the flashes of light through the louvers in the bedroom. But other than that, it was a pretty quiet night. An echo of music coming from Morelos (I understand the party went on until after 3 AM this morning) but nothing right across the street!

I managed to get up today instead of hibernate with a book. Changed the bed ~ always good to start the new year with clean sheets ~ made a huge pot of tomato sauce, enough to feed us for months (and perhaps some others, too), and am now free to contemplate all the ways I am going to live a better life in this fresh new decade.

You know, I never make New Year's Resolutions. I know I won't stick to them so why would I set myself up for guilt and shame? I'll just keep on keeping on, doing the best I can (to quote Ronnie), hoping not to injure or offend too badly. It's worked pretty well for all these years.

We will stroll down to Dago's tonight for dinner. First, however, we are stopping at a new puesto that Fernando is thinking of buying. I guess he doesn't have enough to do around our house to keep him busy!

Live in peace, live in patience, live in compassion, and you will live in happiness. I hope.

2 comments:

mary ann said...

Happy New Year to you and Mr. C. and your family. Thanks for the positive and uplifting post...

DAK said...

Nice looking kids for sure, but I wouldn't have noticed the eyelashes. Ever been to Chile or Argentina?