Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the speech




I went down to my pal Charlotte's house this evening to watch the State of the Union speech. I was apprehensive about it; I didn't want another "Joe Wilson" moment. And I was feeling somewhat disheartened about the whole political thing anyway. But I finally tore myself away at 10:45, after watching Keith Oberman's take on the whole thing. I feel much better. Good speech.

Tomorrow we are taking off for a few days up in Tlaquepaque and Guadalajara. New things to see, new restaurants, new night noises, although I always miss the sound of the surf when we're not here. We'll go to Tonala, the town that IS a flea market. Staying at the usual place, Casa de las Flores. I'm taking the LapMac. Photos, of course.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

I was impressed w/ the speech and didn't expect to be! Have fun and report in w/ photos.