Friday, April 9, 2010

fin de semana y ópera



It's Friday so it must be Dago's for shrimp. Yes indeed, and might tasty it was. We went up to Colima today to do some shopping; it was beastly hot and very smoggy. We couldn't see either one of the volcanoes, always a sign of how clear the atmosphere is. Here at the beach it was much cooler and breezier. I diced and chopped up a big vat of gazpacho for the weekend, using my handy Vidalia Chop Wizard, purchased with the encouragement of some TV huckster. But it really works!

Tomorrow is the opera, The Magic Flute, one of my all time favorites. (I used to have a kitchen floor that looked like that!) I am even passing up an invitation to go to Fernando's puesto to celebrate mi cumpleaños so I can stay home and listen to this divine, sublime music. Four of us will have a little celebratory dinner on Monday evening instead.

Tomorrow evening we will feast on a bottle of cava brought from the US, some succulent short ribs with polenta, and one of our precious bottles of 7 Deadly Zins, also imported from home. Let a new year begin!

1 comment:

mary ann said...

Have a v. happy b.day, dear Susan.
Good thing you still look 37. I'm serious. Much love!!!