Thursday, April 1, 2010

they're heeere!



I went out for a walk this morning at about 10:30. This is what the street looked like from the front balcony.

I got back around noon. This is what it looked like then.

I got home from dominoes (lugging my winnings: 30 pesos!) by 7 and we sat down to dinner just as the disco cranked up at 8 o'clock sharp, loud and clear and loud. I stayed up reading as long as I could; I wanted to be good and tired before I tried to sleep. It worked. When I woke around 12:30 it had shut down. Tonight, the serene quiet of the colonia at Helen and Linda's house. Mr. C is in charge of keeping the estate safe. He always does a good job! He sleeps through the whole mess.

Here's a heads-up on Saturday's opera: Aida. The Verdi version, not the Elton John one, although I did like it very much. Since DST isn't here yet (Saturday night we start) it comes on at 11 AM from NYC. The best cultural treat we get while we're here, not counting various museums, of course.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

Looks like great weather for the party people. Drat.