Wednesday, May 19, 2010

movie madness



Since I have been home ~ 8 days ~ I have watched five movies or movie-like DVDs. I started out with two discs ~ four episodes in all ~ of the BBC series, "Blue Murder." Caroline Quentin as DCI Janine Lewis, divorced mother of four. All fun.

Then I watched "10 Items or Less" which I thoroughly enjoyed mainly for the presence of Morgan Freeman. But the woman who plays the clerk, Paz Vega is really wonderful.


Next came "Children of Heaven", an Iranian movie about two children who share the same pair of shoes so they can go to school, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. Sweet. You'll have to see the movie to know what the goldfish mean.

Yesterday I saw "The Blind Side" and although I liked it, it was not, in my opinion, Oscar-worthy by any stretch of the imagination. Sandra Bullock played Sandra Bullock. It was a basic feel-good movie.

I have been adding movies to my Flix® queue as fast as I can. I'm going to try to get through this list before December! Tomorrow I will receive the two disc series from the BBC "The Impressionists" about the French painters in the movement.

I'm prepping for my trip to the deYoung Museum in San Francisco to view the fabulous show of Impressionist art on loan from the Musée d'Orsay in Paris. I'll also get disc one of "The House of Eliot" set in 1920's London. All suggestions for further viewing are cheerfully accepted.

3 comments:

ddmichel said...

Try "Himalaya", it is a really good movie on Instant Play Netflix. It is in Tibetan but really good subtitles...the scenery was awesome!

mary ann said...

Oh, good work here! Now you must also visit Impressionist Paris out at the Legion of Honor, that opens 6/5. I am pretty sure your ticket will allow you to see both exhibits, I hope so.
See you in July.

The Fevered Brain said...

Yes, going to the Legion show, too, but not until September. Last day, I think. Sept. 26? BTW, if you haven't seen the BBC production, it's well worth the time. Gorgeous photography and all that "art" up close!