Wednesday, August 25, 2010

helooooo Deeeetroit!



We made it this far but no farther. All seats sold out on the Detroit - Halifax leg. We'll try again tomorrow. To LaGuardia and then to Nova Scotia. Or perhaps Detroit to Montreal to Halifax. Or to Toronto . . . But one way or another we'll get there, I hope. If we get to LaGuardia and again the seats are all sold we really have to think twice about carrying this on too long. We're checked into a hotel close by the airport. Hallways and room smell like the inside of a damp ashtray. Dashing out for a quick bite, then to bed. Have to be back at the Delta desk by 6 AM and hope for a seat.

Later:
Daughter Cait has booked us into Montreal tomorrow morning, then out to Halifax. Think good mojo.

Even later:
We went across the parking lot to the Day's Inn restaurant ~ Wings and Ribs Grill or something like that ~ for some calories. Looking around I realize there's a whole cultural phenom in this country that I know nothing about. I've lived a remarkably sheltered life.

I saw more exposed skin in the various airports we were in today that I usually do at the beach.

No comments: