Sunday, September 12, 2010

don't let this one get away




I watched this sweet, funny, imaginative and tender movie yesterday. It's a Southern Gothic fairy tale about fathers and sons, estrangement and redemption, ego and love. It's told through the eyes of the son, played by Billy Crudup, about his father, Albert Finney. The father, a traveling salesman, was a great storyteller and would tell anyone who will listen (yet again) to his imaginative descriptions of the experiences of his life. Wonderful cast including Jessica Lange plays his loving and patient wife; Ewan McGregor, Helena Bonham-Carter, and Danny DeVito in a great role. The DVD had been sitting around here for a few weeks and I was about to send it back unwatched. But then I decided to give it a look. I'm glad I did. I liked it very much.

Paris weather: 70ยบ and clear.

1 comment:

Kaley D. said...

One of my favorite movies! Glad you enjoyed! xx