Wednesday, November 17, 2010

adios



Seven months surely go by in a heck of a hurry. It seems like only 3 or 4 weeks ago we arrived home, but I can see by all the stickies and notes to myself that indeed it's time to leave again. "Do this," "buy that," "pack these but leave these here." I can also tell by the fact that I had to put flannel sheets and the electric blanket on the bed. Not to mention all the piles of fallen leaves along our city's streets. And it's pretty much all done. The car is so full I don't now how the pilot (Mr. C) will be able to see out the rear window. As I am the navigator, that's my job.



I've pruned the t-shirts down, added a pair of well-worn sandals, baked two loaves of breakfast bread for the Long Beach crowd. Mailed back the last of the Netflix® movies, returned all library books, bagged up old bank statements to go off to the shredder. Now I have to dash up to the laundry to pick up the gigantic bed pad for our bed: instructions said "Front loading commercial washer only." OK by me. I didn't want to wrestle that thing around anyway. No more buying of any food stuffs; we eat up what's here. That could get interesting if we wait much longer. Mr. C. has left some room in his duffel bag for what I grab at the last minute; mine is already packed and stuffed into the car.

So off we go tomorrow morning for another hair-raising 2500 mile drive, part of it through questionable territory. I do wake in the night and think about it. Then I remind myself that I'm going there by choice and not to fret. We'll be careful. Next post will be from Long Beach where it's sunny and clear but with rain expected just in time for our celebration on Saturday. In Cuyutlán it's in the high 80's with thunderstorms due next week.

Hasta luego.

No comments: