Monday, November 15, 2010

how many T-shirts?



I'm trying to whittle down the pile of clothes I'm taking down to the beach. I leave quite a few things there to summer-over in the heat and humidity. So far everything has done OK. Believe it or not, it's an infestation of cucaraches that I have to worry about. They get into the clothes and eat and poop themselves to a fare-thee-well. When I check out my wardrobe there are tiny brown stains on everything. Not a good sign. So keeping all these possibilities in mind, how many T-shirts do I need to make up for those possibly lost? I've decided I've put aside too many. Let's pare down to, say, five. That should be plenty.

Then there are the sandals and shorts. Three pair of each. Check. That means I have to off-load the extra two pair of shorts and one pair of sandals.

Part of the problem, too, is that we will do quite a bit of socializing before we cross the border. Can I get away with shorts and T-shirts at these events? Do I need something more presentable? Who cares? It will be all Mex from the time I leave home until the time I get there! With a sweater.

This all means I have to revisit my duffel bag tomorrow morning to weed out stuff I know I won't need at the beach. The things I can't do without, however, are my books. With the 5 boxes of books currently stowed in the car I will have no lack of reading materials, despite the fact that 4 of those boxes belong to others. Everything will eventually end up in the local librario anyway for everyone to enjoy.

As for family on hand to celebrate the pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving, it will be both daughters, their significant others, niece Kaley and her family, grandchildren, and brother-in-law. We have not been together since my sister's memorial. It will be good to celebrate the bounties of the season as a family.



1 comment:

mary ann said...

So glad you are posting again!