Thursday, August 20, 2009

BLT for breakfast

What that really means is that I am on my own for the next couple of weeks. Mr. C is visiting with his family in Ohio and Pennsylvania so I get to eat what, where, if and when I want. This morning I rooted through the fridge and came up with these yummy ingredients.


There was the corn meal bread I made a couple of weeks ago, some chipotle mayo we brought home from Mexico, a big, juicy Beefsteak tomato and some bibb lettuce.


Then bacon, fried up, drained, each piece folded in half and piled on the rest.


Voilá! A big, delicious BLT. The perfect breakfast meal.

The other thing I've been doing is watching movies. I've seen three. First was "Coffee and Cigarettes." Too boring for words. Next I watched "In Bruges" with Colin Farrel, Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Feinnes. Excellent; part thriller, part comedy, part morality tale. And this afternoon it was "Pieces of April" with, among other, the sublime Patricia Clarkson. This was the best of the three; a 2-tissue saga of a totally dysfunctional family. Funny, weird, bittersweet. I recommend the last two; forget the coffee and cigarettes.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

I agree on the movies and your food choices are great. Enjoy the solo time!