Monday, August 31, 2009

the saddest news


My beloved sister and only sib, Vicky, died this morning. She was in a convalescent hospital in Chula Vista, apparently doing quite well. I don't know what happened, what the cause of death might have been, but her body was so thoroughly compromised from years of crushing struggle with severe diabetes that it probably just gave out. The fact that she had lived even this long was a miracle for her and a gift for the rest of us.

Let angels speed her flight. May she at last rest in peace.

I will miss you, my funny, clever, smart, impish, loving sister.

4 comments:

mary ann said...

Love and condolences, dear Susan.

Pica said...

(o)

DAK said...

Yes, let angels speed her flight and may she land somewhere beautiful.

The Fevered Brain said...

I want her to be someplace where she will be well and whole or where there is a no-waiting policy for kidney transplants. She waited 9 years and never got to the top of the list.