Wednesday, August 5, 2009

who is Edna Trevor?




Frankly, I have no idea who she is. But last night I had a dream that I went back to work and the person who interviewed me was Edna Trevor. My grandmother's name was Edna, and Jane Trevor was a classmate in boarding school, but Edna Trevor? That was her name as told to me by someone in the dream and, although you are supposedly not able to read in a dream, that was the name on her door. I should state first that the scariest part of this dream was that I was going back to work. Forget Edna. So here's what happened. I was supposed to be in Edna's office for an interview at a certain time. I got there but she was out. I left, came back and she was still out. I came back a third time and found her just stepping into the elevator. She agreed to return to the office for an interview. We walked down countless windowless corridors, past dozens of cubbies into her office. The phone rang, she picked it up and started a long conversation. Meanwhile, I sat waiting. Then I woke up.

Again, the worst part was the idea of reviving a career that I bid a fond farewell to nine years ago. I need to change my diet. Or my drinking habits.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

I never thought about not being able to read in a dream ~ weird. Glad you didn't take that job that pays $120k
a year.