Wednesday, July 21, 2010

oil cloth mania



This is not your mother's old fashioned boring oil cloth. I buy it in Mexico (30 pesos per meter). The colors and patterns are gorgeous, as you can see. Makes perfect table coverings and, cut up and sewn together, two-sided place mats with each side a different pattern. The dining chairs at our favorite B&B in Tlaquepaque are covered in oil cloth, each one different.

Daughter Alex and I bought some of this on her recent trip to visit. Some she had bought years ago and now wants a tasteful selection of mats to use at home and give as gifts. I have many at the beach but none here, so I'll have some for myself. I am taking all of it up to Chico today to pass to my friend, Beth, to do the sewing. I'll show you what they look like when finished.

Meanwhile, here in the valley it's been hot and dry, perfect swimming weather. We are making one more attempt to get to Bozeman. Driving trip next week. Perhaps this time it will work.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

Love the oil cloth!