Wednesday, October 12, 2011

latest from the storm zone



This is a photo taken in Barra de Navidad on Monday. I think I know where this is; the big building in the back is a hotel, the destroyed building in the foreground was a seaside restaurant.


This was taken on the outskirts of Manzanillo, about 35 miles north of us. I have heard via the internet that many people evacuated our village and now can't get back in because of flooding. No electricity or phone contact. I'll try to call Jack tomorrow but I'm not optimistic that I can reach him. I am sure that if our house had sustained any serious damage Fernando would have let us now somehow so I am operating on the "no news is good news" theory. There are only a few real treasures in the house, things that could not be replaced. Everything else is just stuff. As long as all of our friends are safe, that's what is the most important thing.

No comments: