Monday, October 24, 2011

meet alternate juror #2


I was unable to dodge. The bullet hit me dead on. For the next four weeks I will be in a civil trial in Yolo County Superior Court. Not many girls can be that lucky. I'll tell you all about it when it's over. Meanwhile, my lips are sealed.

A day of complete rest, lots of tea and chicken broth, and a couple of books returned me to perfect health yesterday. My neighbor, her sister and their two dogs and I went out for a beautiful long walk in the early morning sun. The leaves are falling, the chrysanthemums are blooming in all the gardens. There are clusters of brilliant pink and ruby cyclamen that light up winter gardens. When we were living in Italy in 2004 we bought many pots of them to put out on our balcony to brighten up the dreary, gray winter days.

Early walk tomorrow morning to stir up the blood and get me ready for several hours of legalese. I have a zillion things to do before leaving for Mexico, but duty calls.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

Oh boy ~ take your laptop, iPhone, magazines, books. You are a good citizen.