Thursday, November 10, 2011

he got a job!



The answer to every Mother's prayer: "My son has a job!" Yes, grandson Andrew, a proud graduate of Claremont McKenna, landed a job at Twillo in San Francisco. I have no idea what he is going to be doing; something with internet and computers and communications and who know what else. But as of November 28 he will be gainfully employed. He has said that over the Thanksgiving holiday, when we are all together in Bozeman, he will give his assembled family clanspersons a tutorial on what his work is all about. Meanwhile, if you want to check it out, this is what I'm talking about.

Today was the last jury day for the week. We have completed week three and are released until Monday. The judge has said we are right on track, time-wise. So perhaps the case will go to the jury early next week. Despite the fact that I am an alternate, I think I have to be in the court room every day until the "real" jury reaches a verdict. I'll bring a good book while I wait for my fellow jurors to do the right thing. I can't tell you what I think that is just yet. I doubt if I'll get to deliberate; everyone seems pretty healthy as of now.

The weekend will be spent doing some preliminary packing for the beach, some CostCo shopping for "must haves" and yet more list-making. Tomorrow night I am meeting women friends for dinner at a local Thai restaurant. Saturday night Mr. C and I are joining a group for an Indian dinner that is a fund-raiser for a local non-profit. Sunday will be spent with more packing and getting the exterior ready for the installation of new gutters on Monday, compliments of Leaf Guard. There is no rest, is there?

No comments: