Saturday, October 19, 2013

DATELINE: Paris (13)



This was a complete shut-down day.  I didn't even go outside.  Mr. C went off about 10 o'clock to do some errands and I stayed in to straighten up the packing situation while listening to Simone Dinnerstein playing Bach's Goldberg Variations.  I unpacked everything still in the suitcase, those warm-weather items I haven't needed here.  Then I folded it all up, divided it into piles and repacked everything more neatly and without cramming things into empty corners.  I felt very virtuous when I finished.  A few odds and ends to be stowed on Monday morning and I'm ready.  The rest of the day was idled away reading the papers (on-line) and listening to another couple of hours of my book.  I just needed a day off from the schlepping around we've been doing day after day.  I'm not complaining; my feet are.

Report on last night's dinner is excellent.  For me, a grilled eggplant salad and a whole, small fish that was grilled and then slipped into a delicious sauce of tomatoes and garlic.  For Mr. C, onion soup followed by beef medallions in a pepper sauce.  For dessert I chose profiteroles (I don't think I've had them in 30 years and they were worth waiting for) and Mr. C had warm apple tart.  We couldn't have been more content when we left.  I'm hoping when we come back in a week or so we'll make an effort to come over here again.  But then, there are so many wonderful places in the Marais, too.

Tomorrow another trip to the rue Monge market for more olives to take with us.  Perhaps another Sunday walk down to the river to gaze on Notre Dame. Choices . . .


1 comment:

mary ann said...

I feel your contentment...