Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DATELINE: Paris (3)



A quick post because I am SICK and need to go to bed.  Mr. C generously shared his germs with me so I am now just as infected as he is.

Not to be cowed by illness, this morning we headed out to the Place des Voges and La Mule du Pape for lunch.  On our way we passed this lovely little oasis, the Square de Georges Cain.



We found the Place des Voges .  . . 

The colonnade at the Place des Voges.  Chanel lived in the apartments on this beautiful square.  So did Rudof Nureyev.

Lots of restos around the Place; they all have those outdoor heating things you can feel as you walk by.
Try as we might we couldn't find our little restaurant.  The last time we were there was 2005.  I think it has been turned into an art gallery; there are tons of them in this area.    We gave up in despair, returned home for an in-house lunch.  I checked Google  and the last resto review about it was indeed in 2005.  So we'll now start the great hunt for the favorite lunch spot around this area. After lunch I went out to explore the area while Mr. C stayed in and coughed.

The weather is holding so tomorrow may be a trip to the Tuilleries/L'Orangerie/Jeu de Paume.  We'll see how we feel in the morning.


1 comment:

ddmichel said...

That is too bad you are sick! I hate that - it happened to me in Mexico City! I missed several days.... xxoo