Wednesday, March 18, 2015

blue skies at last



After 3 days of this . . .


we finally got this.



Blue skies today! We got an overall rainfall of 6".  I have been mentally urging the storm north to thirsty California but I don't think it has done much good.  I guess my powers of suggestion are weak.  After tucking up and reading for the past few days  I did finish "The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys" by Doris Goodwin; long but very good.  Now a quick read of Daniel Silva's latest Mossad caper, "The Heist" to be followed by Marilynne Robinson's "Lila" for which I believe she has just won the National Book Critics Award.

No Eve for the past few days but once things dry out a bit he'll be back to finish the wall.  All that's left is grouting but all the grout lines filled up with water during the storm!


1 comment:

mary ann said...

I can feel your beautiful rain and we long for it here.