Thursday, July 9, 2009

be good to myself



Today was my "Take Care of Me" day. It started with an early walk in the cool of this valley morning. Gardens are all looking splendid. Then it was on to a fantastic facial. I don't to this very often so it's a real treat. There was soft music, candles, good smells, lots of interesting potions to slather on and towel off. The process started with a nice, relaxing mini-massage followed by creams, steam, a masque that smelled like some sort of vegetable paste, eye patches that weren't cucumber slices but smelled similar, a tightening spray that smelled like a martini, then more massaging of the arms and legs, more steam, more hot towels, more lotions. It was marvelous. An hour and a half later I knew I wouldn't look 16 again, but I was hoping for at least 45 ~ 45 was a good year for me ~ but alas, I look just the same. Just cleaner.

The next indulgence will be to watch "Our Man in Havana" this afternoon. This 1959 movie, with Alec Guinness as a vacuum salesman, Noël Coward, Ernie Kovacs, Burl Ives, and Maureen O'Hara is one of my all time favorites. A witty, cynical comedy about spying, set it Cuba. For me it's like watching "Hopscotch": I've seen it so often I know where all the laughs are but I laugh anyway.

2 comments:

mary ann said...

I get a facial about once a year ~ feels great whatever the cost (expensive here in SF, of course)

DAK said...

Is that you under that white goop? I doubt it, because you don't sound like a person who would wear eye makeup under the goop.