Saturday, October 10, 2009

an interim message

The service was beautiful. The music was perfect. The readings hit just the right note. The reminiscences hit just the right note. I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced in the richness of my sister's life and the memories others had of her. More later.

Today we went through my sister's belongings and, aside from some serious tears, got much done. I scored a couple of things that I either gave her or remembered that she wore often. I need these personal remembrances of her. Tomorrow is the day for the books. Monday we go to visit the financial advisor (I am the trustee). Afterwards we will stay with Alex again. Tuesday morning we head home. This has been an exhausting effort, but it had to be done.

2 comments:

mary ann said...

Painful. Good job, Susan.

Pica said...

Hugs to you, dear Susan.