Monday, October 19, 2009

trials of the trustee


I have been buried in paper since I got home, what with the mail received when we were away, plus all the business of being the survivor trustee for my sister's trust account. On Saturday I got seven ~ SEVEN ~ packets of papers, brochures, financial accountings, etc. If anyone ever asks you to act as a survivor trustee, take my advice and decline. Graciously, of course. Then there's the setting up of the new trust, reams of paper to sign, and then more packets and envelopes stuffed with fine print stuff on tissue-thin paper that you will never read. Or can't. Next up will be the check book so I can pay the expenses of the trust. This is a lot more complicated than I would have imagined when I agreed to this exalted role.

I have not yet commented on the beautiful memorial service for my darling sister. I am not quite ready to talk about it except to say it went without a hitch. The Cathedral, at 4 PM, is flooded with light through the beautiful stained glass windows, the organ was in full voice for the chosen hymns and voluntaries, the clergy were elegant and majestic. She would have loved it.


2 comments:

mary ann said...

Oh boy, lots of work ahead for you. But you'll do it perfectly and that's most likely why you were seleted.

Pica said...

I'm with Mary Ann, but I'm sorry it's quite the chore. Hugs.