Friday, October 30, 2009

we just missed it



Our original plan was to take off for Bozeman for a quick visit this weekend with Cait and Mike. Keeping in mind that the guest quarters at their house are downstairs, that bracing long walks with Ike are the order of the day, that I'm still in the big boot, and, most importantly, that it's 30ยบ and snowing, we backed off. No mile high skies and brightly colored leaves this year. We have plenty to keep us busy here. Four weeks and counting.

NOTE: Don't forget to turn your clock back tomorrow night. Daylight Savings Time will be over for another year. I don't like the dark when I wake up now. Getting back on Standard time means it will be light by 6:30. But I am even less thrilled by the dark at 5 PM. Sometimes as early as 4:30 in deep winter here in the valley. In Mexico, since we are 2000 miles south, the light holds until 6:30 or 7. Very nice. As I said, four weeks and counting.

No comments: