Tuesday, October 27, 2009

whitecaps on the pool


It has been very windy up here in the valley. Winds and gusts to 50 MPH. The wisteria vines have been shredded, trees felled (although not in our yard), shrubs uprooted. I went for a massage at 6:30 and took the "big" car, fearing Dorothy would get blown to Oz. Still keeping the foot up; listened to the second in the James Crumley collection read by Jim Zeiger; "Bordersnake." Every bit as funny.

Next read: "Suite Francaise," given to me by my sister some years ago. It was what she was reading at the time of her death. I have been holding off reading it; stories of cruel loss, wasted lives, inhumanity are very difficult for me to read. I couldn't even finish "Shindler's List" much less see the movie. But it's now time. I will prop myself up in my bed, foot elevated, Kleenex® at the ready.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

Loved Suite Francaise and you will too! I loved Part I and Himself Part II. Of course we agree on EVERYTHING else.