Saturday, June 7, 2014

know your neighbors







I stepped out to put some cuttings on the pile in the street and what should I encounter but this noble creature strolling down the street just as nonchalantly as possible.  I snatched up the camera and caught him browsing in the vacant lot  and then strolling across the neighbor's driveway.  I have no idea where he came from, where he lives, or who, if anyone, feeds or pens him but he's quite domesticated.  He seemed to know just where to go to find tasty shoots and grasses.  The little boy who lives next to the lot came out to look, too, and commented, "I didn't know it was Thanksgiving already!"  Sir Tom needs to stay out of sight or someone will keep him in the freezer for five months.

NOTE TO CALIFORNIA CHROME:  Your're still my guy

No comments: